This week in Religion, our lesson was "God Made My Helpers." We talked about community helpers like doctors, police officers, and firefighters, and also people who help us in our everyday lives like our families, friends, and teachers. The boys and girls learned that Jesus was a helper and they had some great ideas about how they can be helpers, too! They even made cards to share with a special helper in their lives!
For Community Time this week, we attended the intramural volleyball play-off and championship for the middle school. We cheered on the three teams: Mickey Mice, The Good Team, and THE Hurricane. Then, the boys and girls cheered as the faculty and staff played the 8th graders!
- Show and Tell on Wednesday, November 14, will be something that begins with /p/.
- Parent/Teacher conferences will be held on Thursday, November 15, and Friday, November 16. Please be on time for your scheduled conference and please be considerate of the 15 minute periods allotted for each family.
- Each year, the HCA family reaches out to those in our community who may be struggling by delivering baskets of food for the Thanksgiving holiday. The Pre-K students have been asked to bring in 2 large boxes/bags of stuffing and 3 cans of gravy. You may send these items in with your child in the morning and we will bring all the items to the cafeteria. All donations should be in by Friday, November 16. Thank you in advance for your help and generosity!
- Please remember to send in a seasonal change of clothes for your child. I will return the summer clothes once these arrive.
- For rest time, some of the items being sent in are too large for the children's cubbies. The boys and girls are unable to fold them independently and often have difficulty carrying them upstairs. A large beach towel works best for rest time.
Upcoming Important Dates:
- Wednesday, November 21, 2018 - Thanksgiving Prayer Service, dismissal 12:00 noon
- Sunday, December 9, 2018 - Family Christmas Liturgy
- Monday, December 17, 2018 - Christmas Show 6:30 pm
- Tuesday, December 18, 2018 - Grandparents' Day
- Wednesday, December 19, 2018 - Last day of school before Christmas break
- December 20, 2019 through January 2, 2019 - Christmas break (classes resume January 3, 2019).