Big news this week! We welcomed a new classmate! We are thrilled to have Archie as the newest member of our class! He fit right in and the boys and girls are so happy he's here!
Montessori work period is our favorite time of day! The boys and girls are making great progress with their lessons. They are able to choose lessons independently and are working for a full 90 minutes in the morning!
|Lucas is carefully placing each peg on the |
board to strengthen his fine motor skills.
|Harper is counting out apples to show quantities 1-9.|
|Panos is sorting picture cards by their|
initial sounds of /h/, /j/, /u/, and /l/.
|Chase is working with the Geometric Solids|
to sort pictures by sphere, cone, cube,
|Asai is working with the Knobbed Cylinders|
to grade by height and width.
|CJ is working to complete patterns.|
|Kaleo is tweezing beads and placing them|
on mats as fine motor skill practice.
|Braden is working on the Teen Board to order numbers from|
11-19 and show their quantities as combinations of
tens and units.
|Grace is spooning pasta to strengthen her|
fine motor skills.
|Sydney is sorting picture cards by their|
initial sounds of /c/, /r/, /i/, and /p/.
|Mason is working with the Small Bead|
Frame to show quantities from 1-9 and
practice one-to-one correspondence.
|Georgie is working with the Insta-Learn Board to match|
numerals to the correct quantities.
|Jennah is pouring to develop her|
fine motor skills.
|Maya is sorting picture cards by their|
initial sounds of /b/, /f/, /o/, and /g/.
|Caroline is working on her visual discrimination skills by|
matching different wood grains.
|Peyton is is sorting picture cards by their|
initial sounds of /s/, /m/, /a/, and /t/.
|Archie is practicing spooning to work on|
his pincer grasp and fine motor skills.
More big news - we started snack table this week!
A big addition to the Pre-K classroom is the Montessori snack table. During our Montessori work period in the morning, the students are permitted to go to the snack table whenever they wish. They begin by cleaning their hands and saying their prayers. Then, they are able to prepare their own snack - open up a napkin, select the proper amount of snack for the day (one banana, one scoop of pretzels, etc.), and pour half a cup of water. They eat their snack with one other friend at the table. When they are finished, they clean up their space and go back to work. The boys and girls have done a phenomenal job with the snack table this week. They love the independence and freedom it gives them in the classroom and it really helps to improve the flow of the work period.
- Picture re-takes are on Monday, November 18. If you would like your child's picture re-taken, please send in the original package with your child on Monday.
- Show and tell will be on Friday, November 22. The topic will be something that begins with /c/.
- If possible, we would prefer items with the hard /c/ sound like in carrot, cake, or cat. That is how the children are learning /c/ right now. We want to try to avoid items with the soft /c/ sound like Cinderella, celery, or cereal. The boys and girls associate that sound with s at this point and we don't want to confuse them.
- When prepping for show and tell at home, please make sure your child understands what object they are sharing and that the clues relate to the name of the object.
- For the Thanksgiving food drive, Pre-K students are asked to bring in 2 large boxes/bags of stuffing and three cans/jars of gravy. All items are due by Friday, November 22. It has been Holy Child tradition for many years to help needy families in our community. Thanks in advance for taking the time to share your blessings!
- Tuesday, November 26, is the last day of school before Thanksgiving break. We will have a prayer service at 10:30 am. Dismissal will be at 12:00 noon.
- There will be no school from Wednesday, November 27 - Sunday, December 1 for Thanksgiving break. Classes will resume on Monday, December 2.