The boys and girls were excited to examine a real pumpkin. We used our five senses to investigate the pumpkin and the students described what they saw, touched, and smelled. They were amazed to watch how to carve a pumpkin.
|Our Peppa Pig pumpkin!|
In the STEAM Lab, the students made skeletons from K'nex. They watched a video about bones and joints and then worked together to build a skeleton with a spine, arms, legs, joints, and a head.
The Mission Party was so much fun! After the parade, the children in Pre-K through 8th grade played games together in the gym - we even made some new friends! We also shared a snack and had a great pizza lunch together. What a great day for the HCA community!
Miss Webb taught the class a dance to "Monster Mash." There were lots of giggles as they learned to do the robot, walk like Frankenstein, and of course, we had to incorporate some "Thriller" moves!
- There is no school on Tuesday, November 7.
- Show and Tell on Wednesday, November 8, will be "something that starts with P."
Things to work on with your child:
- Putting on a coat indepdently
- Practicing zippering/buttoning
- Getting ready in the morning - dressing, brushing teeth, putting shoes on
- Letter sounds
- Counting from 1 to 30 and beyond
- Showing number quantities from 1 to 20 and beyond
- Read together every night!
Have a great weekend!