Kudos to the Pre-K and Kindergarten students for collecting 117 coats for our coat drive!
Thank you for helping us help others!
We had a fabuloso time celebrating Hispanic Heritage month at Community Time! Our favorite parts were decorating maracas and the dance party!
The Pre-K's love for Dr. Martin Luther King continues!
Last week and this week, we talked about ways that we could be like Dr. King: being kind, playing together, being respectful, and loving one another. We started our "Dr. King Kindness Jar." Every time we catch someone acting like Dr. King, he or she will put a pom-pom in the jar. Once the jar is full, we will celebrate! The students voted and decided our "celebration" will be an extra recess! They are working hard to be kind to one another each and every day!
While the boys and girls are working hard to be kind, there are still times when conflicts arise. We have created a peace corner in our classroom. Maria Montessori believed in peace education and the importance of teaching children about peace, manners, conflict resolution, and caring for the environment. The students know that they can go to the peace corner to take some time to calm down, work things out with a friend, or even if they just "need a minute." It has been wonderful to see the children utilizing this space!
- Parent Visitation Day is next Friday, February 7. We are hoping that every child can have someone present. Please let us know if you are able to attend by clicking here.
- Show and tell will be on Tuesday, February 4. The topic will be something that begins with /g/. If possible, please send in an item with the hard /g/ sound as in green, grapes, golf, etc.
- Get your tickets for the HCA Auction on February 29. More information can be found here.
- Students may bring in valentines to share with the class. Please refer to the email that was sent for more details.
- There is no school on Friday, February 14, or Monday, February 17.
|Just a reminder!|
Have a good weekend! Stay healthy!