Montessori Work Time
On Monday, Pre-K and Nursery 3 students partnered up for Montessori Work Time. The older children gave the younger students a lesson on some simple materials in the Pre-K classroom. We can't wait to work together again on some more challenging lessons.
At this age, all children should be able to put on their jackets independently. If you child is still working on this, here are two ways that we use in school to teach them to do it on their own:
Have your child put their hood on their head and wear the coat like a superhero cape.
Then, they can slide their arms in the sleeves and they are ready to go! Click here to see the superhero move in action!
Tag to Toes!
Place your child's coat on the floor with the tag facing their toes.
Have them put their arms in the sleeves and flip the coat over their head. Click here to see the tag to toes method in action!
The next step is to work on zippering coats independently. Please practice at home! The children are eager to learn this next step!
During Science class, Mrs. DeBardino had the students use a balance scale. Using 10 corn kernels, they made predictions on which would be heavier, the 10 corn kernels or the items listed on our observation sheet. Each student had a turn placing an object on the scale. Next, the students had to "record" their results on the worksheet by coloring in the object that was heavier. The PK students did a fantastic job!
- November 23rd will be a day 0. There will be a NOON Dismissal and no HCA Plus.
- There will be no school from November 24-28 for Thanksgiving break. Classes resume on Monday, November 29th.
- Save the date for the Family Christmas Liturgy on Sunday, December 12 at 1:30 pm.
- On Thursday, December 16th, Pre-K, Kindergarten, 3rd and 4th Grades will present the Christmas Show Gala for the parents only at 10:00 AM. More information will follow!
- Looking ahead - The last day of school before Christmas break is Friday, December 17. It is a half day with dismissal at 12:00 noon and no HCA Plus. Christmas break runs from December 18 through January 3. Classes will resume on Tuesday, January 4, 2022.