The Pre-K students did a great job with their penguin directed-drawing activity during Parent Visitation. Check out the finished products! They are hanging in the hall for all to see.
- HCA is collecting empty paper towel cardboard rolls for a service project. Please save them and send them into school throughout the month of January. Thanks in advance for your help!
- Show and Tell on Wednesday, January 31, will be something that begins with "L."
- February Scholastic Reading Club orders are due on Thursday, February 1. If you would like to order, please send in the order form with your child or place your order online at https://clubs.scholastic.com/home with code H7WXZ.
- Please make sure your child wears sneakers to school everyday! If there is a need for boots in the morning, please pack sneakers for your child to change into.
- We have been working with the children on putting on their coats and zippering and buttoning them independently. Please have them do this at home as well. They are all capable of doing this on their own - we just need to let them!
- Please make sure your child finishes breakfast before he/she comes to school. We do have children with food allergies and we want to ensure that everyone is safe!
|Dominic completed the 100 Board! He placed|
the numbers in groups by tens and then
ordered them from 1 to 100!
|George is using the Insta-Learn Board to|
spell four letter phonetic words!
|Maddie is working with the Pink Tower/Brown|
Stair to build some challenging patterns!
|Marianne had a great Show and Tell this week|
- a bee hive! The boys and girls loved
examining it up close and even got
to see a bee inside!
This week, we learned about Mo Willems, the author and illustrator. We reviewed that an author writes the words in a story and an illustrator draws the pictures. Our Weekly Reader taught us how Mo makes his books and we learned about the characters in his stories. The boys and girls enjoyed reading and listening to Mo Willems stories all week long.
Have a great weekend!
|Malayka loves Mo Willems' books!|
|Jonathan is showing us which step shows|
the editing process in the book.
|Blaine is tracing Mo Willems' characters' names.|
Have a great weekend!