Tag to Toes Method
With the superhero method, students are instructed to place the hood of their coat on their heads first (like a cape). Then, the children can easily put their arms into the sleeves properly.
Please work with your child to put his/her coat on at home independently as well. It may take some extra time, but it is worth it! All of the children are able to do it in school. We are beginning to work on zippering, buttoning, and snapping as well.
We took a nature walk during the Montessori work period yesterday. Nursery and Pre-K friends partnered up and we took a walk around the neighborhood together. We talked about the fall weather and looked for signs of fall.
The boys and girls found leaves on our walk. When we came back inside, we had a joint science lesson and talked about the parts of the leaf. Then, the students made leaf rubbings from the leaves they found.
The Pre-K students are doing so well presenting their show and tell items each week!
Can you guess what Mira chose to share?
|It's a turtle!|
Please help your child prepare 3 clues to help his/her classmates guess what he/she chose to share for show and tell. Our next show and tell won't be for awhile - Monday, November 5. The topic will be something that starts with /r/.
Congratulations to Marcus and Jordyn! Both students completed the Hundred Board this week. The Hundred Board involves making piles of numbers by tens and then putting them in order from 1 to 100. It takes a lot of hard work and patience for students to complete the work. It is a great accomplishment when the board is complete. The other boys and girls are so motivated now to complete the Hundred Board, too!
The Halloween Mission Party is next Wednesday, October 31. Please remember:
- Each child is asked to bring in $5.00 to cover the cost of the day and a donation to the Holy Child school and medical clinic in the Dominican Republic.
- Students should arrive to school by 7:55 am in costume (over play clothes and with sneakers)
- The parade will begin at 8:15 in the cafeteria for the parents.
- Games and activities will be held from 9:00-10:10 followed by snack at 10:15 for the entire school.
- EC students will return to their classrooms for a Halloween movie at 10:30. You may take your child home at this time if you wish (please let me know if you plan to do so), or he/she can stay until regular dismissal. The Parents' Association has some activities planned for parents until dismissal if you wish to stay.
- Dismissal will be at 12:00 noon. No lunch will be served and there will be no HCA+ that day.
- There is no school on Tuesday, November 6 (Election Day/Faculty In-Service).
- Save the date - Wednesday, May 15, 2019, will be our Early Childhood Celebration. More information will follow in the spring, but mark your calendars now!
Have a great weekend!