Between planned days off and unexpected snow days,
this was the perfect week to review our Montessori lessons in Pre-K!
|Braela is using the Phonetic Objects and Labels.|
She is sounding out the words to read them and
matching the correct object to the word.
|Marcus is working with the tangrams puzzles to use shapes|
to build a variety of pictures.
|Foster is using the Bead Material to solve|
simple addition problems.
|Jordyn is stamping capital letters to their lowercase pairs.|
|Scarlett is punching out Asia for her world map.|
|Austin is spelling three letter phonetic words with the|
|Mira is sorting picture cards and learning the|
names of the basic Geometric Solids (cone,
cube, cylinder, and sphere).
|Blaine is spelling four letter phonetic words with blends|
using the Movable Alphabet.
|Charity is counting out quantities for|
|Nora is using the Phonetic Word Cards and Pictures to|
practice her reading skills.
|Vincent is naming and completing patterns.|
|Kellan is spelling three letter phonetic words.|
Many of the students have taken an interest in learning to tie their shoes. Tying shoes is a difficult fine motor skill to learn and children will master this skill at varying times. It is important not to push your child too much if he/she is not ready. If your child has shown an interest in learning to tie his/her shoes, be sure to check out Mrs. Mossor's blog here for some great pointers!
- Show and Tell will be on Friday, March 1. The topic will be something that begins with /g/.
- Please remember our procedure for show and tell each week. The children should be bringing in an object that begins with the sound or topic for that week, not just a random object. The students should be prepared to give their classmates 3 clues to help them guess what object they chose to share. Please help your child prepare his/her clues beforehand. At this point in the year, our hope is that the students should be able to do this independently, without help from the teacher.
Mark your calendars for these upcoming important dates:
- Wednesday, April 10, 2019 - Nursery/Pre-Kindergarten Prayer Service 8:15 am
- Tuesday, April 23, 2019 - HCA Night at Panera 4:00-8:00 pm
- Wednesday, May 15, 2019 - Early Childhood Celebration
Get your tickets now for HCA's production of Shrek Jr. on March 15-16, 2019! Tickets and more information can be found here. We are excited for a wonderful show!
Have a great weekend! Hope to see you at the auction!