We are working so hard on our Montessori lessons!
|Lucas is working with the Number Rods and Cards to show|
quantities and order numerals from 1 to 10.
|Harper is building the Pink Tower from|
largest to smallest.
|Panos is using the Cards and Counters to order numerals|
and show quantities for 1 to 10.
|Chase is using the Oak Leaf puzzle to grade|
from smallest to largest.
|Asai is using the Spindle Box to show|
quantities from 0 to 9.
|CJ is using Color Box 2 to sort picture cards|
|Kaleo is using the Red Rods to grade by size from|
smallest to largest.
|Braden is using the BFOG Letter Box to sort|
picture cards by their initial sounds.
|Grace is using the Geometric Solids to sort objects by|
their shapes: cone, cylinder, cube, and sphere.
|Sydney is strengthening her fine motor skills by spooning.|
|Mason is using the Sandpaper Letters|
to practice letter sounds.
|Georgie is practicing tweezing to strengthen his pincer grip.|
|Jennah is using the Brown Stair to grade by width and height.|
|Maya is practicing her lacing skills.|
|Caroline is proud of her work with the SMAT letter box|
where she sorted picture cards by their initial sounds.
|Peyton is working with the Maple Leaf puzzle|
to grade from smallest to largest.
This week, we had a very special surprise! Braden's cousin, Nick Hague, is a NASA astronaut currently finishing up his mission on the International Space Station. We were able to watch a live feed from space!
We saw firsthand what zero gravity is like when Astronaut Nick did a flip in mid-air! The boys and girls were AMAZED!
- Monday, October 7 - Show and Tell /s/
- Please help your child choose an object that begins with /s/ and be prepared to share three clues to help his/her classmates guess what it is.
- Wednesday, October 9 - Class pictures
- Don't forget to have your child wear his/her HCA Class of 2029 t-shirt!
- Thursday, October 10 - Individual pictures
- Free dress
- Please make sure to return your child's picture envelope on or before Thursday.
- Monday, October 14 - NO SCHOOL for Columbus Day
- Thursday, October 31 - Halloween Mission Party
- More information will be sent home soon!
- Dismissal for all students will be at 12:00 noon.
- Friday, November 1 - NO SCHOOL for Faculty In-service
- Be sure to follow us on Instagram @hcadrexelhillec!
As you may have read about in a previous blog post, the students are really enjoying saying good morning in their own way before they come into the classroom each day. We definitely have a class of Eagles fans this year - they insisted that I put up an Eagles logo so they could "fly" into the room in the morning. The Eagles would be proud! Fly, Eagles, Fly!