The Language boards are used to match capital and lowercase letters when used alone, as well as spell words when used with a variety of cards.
|Tatum is spelling three-letter phonetic words|
|Maddie is spelling four-letter words with consonant blends.|
|George is spelling words with R-controlled vowels like "bark."|
We were lucky enough this week to even get some Insta-Learn Math Boards! These can be used to match numbers 1-25 or match quantities to numerals 1-25 when used alone. When used with the cards, they can be used for addition and to show place value.
|Priya is working on her addition skills.|
Kent sure is happy to be working on place value!
The Pre-K students love going to gym class every week! They are continuing to work on their fine motor and gross motor skills.
|Maddie and Malayka were building Easter eggs |
and matching shapes.
|Tristan, Caleb, and George were working with the tool kit.|
|Nolan, Jonathan, and Addie were stacking chairs|
to build towers.
|Marianne and Dominic loved using their imagination |
to call each other using a rotary phone -while
strengthening their fine motor skills.
|Cameron was stacking eggs to make a tower.|
|Get on the Pre-K train!|
Tatum and Cameron practicing their
Kevin is a basketball star!
|Sometimes we even get to play with our|
Kindergarten friends in gym - brothers Reid
and Blaine especially love it!
Pre-K students have been working on their coding skills in the STEAM Lab. They are using Kodable on the iPads in the lab. Mrs. Zwilling is also going to give us a code to continue to use the program on our classroom iPads since the boys and girls are really enjoying it. More information on the program can be found here.
This week we were treated to an author's visit by two former HCA parents - Don and Lee Doyle. Mr. and Mrs. Doyle met with the students and read them their book Pop's Cookie Duster. The boys and girls were so excited to meet a real, live author!
- Spring break is next week - there will be no school from Monday, March 26 - Monday, April 2. Classes will resume on Tuesday, April 3, 2018.
- Save the date - Wednesday, April 25, 2018 - for the Early Childhood Celebration!
- Please send in a plain, white T-shirt for the celebration by Friday, April 13.
- Please send in a new spring change of clothes for your child. We will return the other clothes when these arrive.
- Show and Tell will finally be back after break! For Wednesday, April 4, please send in something that to do with spring!