Thursday, April 15, 2021

April 12-16, 2021

 


This week, we focused on asking and answering questions. The boys and girls learned that we ask questions in order to learn more information about something and we answer questions to provide more information. Asking and answering questions is not only a part of how we learn, but it is also a part of our social skills; we ask and answer questions to be polite and build and maintain relationships.

During our Morning Meeting, the Pre-K students participated in a "this or that" activity. They had to choose between two different things (ex.: donuts/ice cream, cats/dogs, tacos/cheeseburgers, airplanes/cars) and explain why they made their choice. Answering "why?" was difficult for the children at first, but as the week went on, they were able to give more descriptive answers.

"I like cheeseburgers. They make me happy!"
-Connor

"I like to eat tacos. They are my favorite and I 
eat them with salad." - Luke

"I like donuts because I like the flavor and the
sprinkles." - Ava

"I like ice cream because it has lots of 
flavors and is 100% delicious!" - Greyson
"I like winter because it is when it's my 
sister, Evelyn's, birthday!" - Alexandra

"I like summer because I go to the beach 
and play in the sand." - Lily

"I like summer because I can roll down
the hills in the grass." - Charlie

"I like cars because they can drive on the 
road." - Anthony

"I like cats because they are so cute!"
-Justine


Happy birthday, Mrs. Mossor!

We were so excited to celebrate our favorite P.E. teacher, Mrs. Mossor, on her birthday this week! The boys and girls made her cards and surprised her with them during P.E. class.


Important reminders:
  • Show and tell will be on Tuesday, April 20. The topic will be something that begins with the letter A.
  • Please pack at least two napkins (three if your child attends Plus) in your child's lunchbox everyday.
  • We are excited to begin our Mystery Reader program! Please refer to the email for more details and let me know if you would like to sign up to read to the class.

  • We will be having a school-wide waste free lunch day on Thursday, April 22nd, to celebrate Earth Day. More information can be found here.

  • There will be a tag day on Friday, April 23, for Autism Awareness and Acceptance. Please bring in $1.00 and wear blue. All money raised will be donated to the Kinney Center for Autism Education and Support.


Always hard at work in Pre-K!


Have a great weekend!